Monday, April 04, 2005

A question...

Were all of the politically correct, uber-tolerant, Jewish liberals, who are currently praising John Paul's memory quite this magnanmous when Yitzchak Rabin was shot?

I have distinct memories of some smiles and muted cheering as word of Rabin's death spread through our shul on Shabbos afternoon, November 4, 1995. When I asked my friends to consider his entire legacy, and to remember that Yitzchak Rabin dedicated his life to the Jewish people, I was hooted down. Today one of those same smilers, a good friend, said that he thought the Pope was a great man. When I told him... well, you know what I told him... he replied, "You need to be more forgiving. You need to look at the whole picture."

Isn't it topsy-turvey when Jews extend courtesies to non-Jews, that are maliciously withheld from other Jews?